If perhaps you’re thinking about switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Ingram, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Ingram, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Ingram, PA should offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ingram, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the expertise to be able to handle individuals who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every occupation, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the type of tasks may differ significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Ingram, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013