If perhaps you’re thinking about switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Ingram, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Ingram, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Ingram, PA should offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ingram, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the expertise to be able to handle individuals who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every occupation, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the type of tasks may differ significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Ingram, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013