If perhaps you’re considering switching occupations, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Jenkintown, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Jenkintown, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Jenkintown, PA will offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Jenkintown, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As with almost any occupation, you will be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the nature of the tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Jenkintown, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013