If you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Jersey Shore, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you will be able to change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Jersey Shore, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Jersey Shore, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Jersey Shore, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the expertise to know how to manage people who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to relax nervous patients.
As with virtually any career, you are going to be part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the type of work will vary drastically from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the school you select offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Jersey Shore, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013