If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Kimberling City, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Kimberling City, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Kimberling City, MO must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kimberling City, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to know how to deal with people who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every profession, you are part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Kimberling City, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013