If you’re considering changing professions, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Kirbyville, TX. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Kirbyville, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Kirbyville, TX must provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kirbyville, TX
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to know how to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost any industry, you will be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of work may differ drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Kirbyville, TX displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013