If perhaps you’re considering changing professions, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Kulpmont, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively quick certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Kulpmont, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Kulpmont, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kulpmont, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to understand how to handle patients who may be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost every occupation, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of work can vary drastically from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Kulpmont, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013