If perhaps you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Ladue, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Ladue, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Ladue, MO should offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ladue, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the ability to be able to handle patients who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in nearly every profession, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the variety of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Ladue, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013