If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Lamar, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Lamar, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Lamar, MO must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Lamar, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to be able to deal with individuals who might be scared of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with virtually any profession, you are a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of work can vary considerably from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Lamar, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013