If you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Laureldale, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Laureldale, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Laureldale, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Laureldale, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be scared of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in nearly every job, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the type of tasks varies tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Laureldale, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013