If you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Leechburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Leechburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Leechburg, PA will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Leechburg, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the ability to be able to manage individuals who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to relax frightened patients.
As in just about any industry, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of work ranges greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Leechburg, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013