If you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Leechburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Leechburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Leechburg, PA will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Leechburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting-Associates
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the ability to be able to manage individuals who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to relax frightened patients.
As in just about any industry, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of work ranges greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Leechburg, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013