Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Lemoyne, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change careers quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Lemoyne, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Lemoyne, PA must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Lemoyne, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you should have the ability to know how to deal with individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in just about any job, you are part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the nature of the tasks can vary greatly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Lemoyne, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013