If perhaps you’re contemplating changing professions, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Littlestown, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, you could change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Littlestown, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Littlestown, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Littlestown, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the skills to understand how to deal with individuals who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in just about any occupation, you are a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work can vary tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Littlestown, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013