If perhaps you’re considering switching occupations, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Louisiana, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you will be able to change careers quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Louisiana, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Louisiana, MO should provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Louisiana, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the ability to be able to handle people who may be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As in just about any industry, you are going to be part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of tasks can vary drastically from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Louisiana, MO listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013