If you’re considering changing professions, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Macungie, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Macungie, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Macungie, PA will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Macungie, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the skills to know how to manage people who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As with almost every career, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the type of work will vary greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be considering a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Macungie, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013