If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Malvern, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you will be able to change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Malvern, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Malvern, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Malvern, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the ability to know how to deal with patients who may be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm nervous patients.
As with virtually any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of work may differ significantly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Malvern, PA shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013