If you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Manchester, TN. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Manchester, TN?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Manchester, TN should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Manchester, TN
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- AS Health Science (Pre-Pharmacy)
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you should have the expertise to understand how to deal with patients who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost any job, you are a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the variety of work will vary greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Manchester, TN shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013