Maybe you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Manor, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Manor, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Manor, PA will provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Manor, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the expertise to know how to manage individuals who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical experience to relax nervous patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you will be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the type of tasks ranges considerably from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure the you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Manor, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013