If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Marietta, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Marietta, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Marietta, PA will provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Marietta, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to understand how to handle individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in virtually any occupation, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the work differs tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Marietta, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013