If you’re contemplating switching careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Mifflinburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Mifflinburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Mifflinburg, PA must offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mifflinburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the expertise to be able to handle patients who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm nervous patients.
As with nearly every industry, you are part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks will vary significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Mifflinburg, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013