If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Millersburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Millersburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Millersburg, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Millersburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax worried patients.
As with almost every job, you will be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks may differ greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Millersburg, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013