If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Millersburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Millersburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Millersburg, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Millersburg, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax worried patients.
As with almost every job, you will be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks may differ greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Millersburg, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013