If perhaps you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Moline Acres, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you could change occupations very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Moline Acres, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Moline Acres, MO must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Moline Acres, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the skills to understand how to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in almost any industry, you are part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the work may differ drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Moline Acres, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013