Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Monett, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Monett, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Monett, MO must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Monett, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the skills to know how to handle individuals who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in nearly every occupation, you will be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the type of tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Monett, MO listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013