If perhaps you’re thinking of changing professions, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Union, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty fast certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Mount Union, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Mount Union, PA must offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Union, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Up to 75 percent of men and women in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you will need the skills to understand how to deal with patients who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As with almost any vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of work varies drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Mount Union, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013