If perhaps you’re contemplating changing careers, and are in search of a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in New Britain, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near New Britain, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in New Britain, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Britain, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the expertise to understand how to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very extensive field, and the variety of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near New Britain, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013