If perhaps you’re contemplating changing careers, and are in search of a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in New Britain, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near New Britain, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in New Britain, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Britain, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the expertise to understand how to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very extensive field, and the variety of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near New Britain, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013