If you’re thinking about switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in New Wilmington, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near New Wilmington, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in New Wilmington, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Wilmington, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the expertise to be able to deal with patients who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in nearly every job, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the type of work varies greatly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near New Wilmington, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013