If perhaps you’re contemplating switching professions, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Newtown, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Newtown, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Newtown, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Newtown, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 per cent of adults in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the skills to know how to manage patients who are terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As in nearly every industry, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of work can vary significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the program you select offers it, or is going to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Newtown, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013