Maybe you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in North Belle Vernon, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near North Belle Vernon, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in North Belle Vernon, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in North Belle Vernon, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you will need the ability to understand how to handle people who are scared of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As with just about any occupation, you are going to be a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of tasks will vary drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near North Belle Vernon, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013