Maybe you’re considering switching professions, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Northwoods, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Northwoods, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Northwoods, MO will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Northwoods, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the skills to be able to handle people who may be scared of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As with just about any profession, you are going to be part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the variety of tasks varies significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the program you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Northwoods, MO shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013