Maybe you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Olivette, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather quick certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Olivette, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Olivette, MO must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Olivette, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to be able to handle individuals who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you are part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks differs tremendously from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Olivette, MO listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013