If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Parkside, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Parkside, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Parkside, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Parkside, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you should have the expertise to be able to deal with patients who are terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As in almost every occupation, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the tasks differs significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Parkside, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013