If you’re thinking of changing careers, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Patton, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Patton, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Patton, PA must provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Patton, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the skills to know how to deal with individuals who are fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As in almost every industry, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the tasks differs greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Patton, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013