Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Pen Argyl, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Pen Argyl, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Pen Argyl, PA must offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pen Argyl, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the skills to be able to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As with almost every vocation, you are part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks can vary drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Pen Argyl, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013