If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Penbrook, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Penbrook, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Penbrook, PA will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Penbrook, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with almost every career, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the variety of work can vary drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Penbrook, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013