If perhaps you’re thinking of changing professions, and are in search of a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Penndel, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Penndel, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Penndel, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Penndel, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the US have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the skills to understand how to manage patients who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As in almost any job, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks can vary greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Penndel, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013