If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Pine Grove, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Pine Grove, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Pine Grove, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pine Grove, PA
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the expertise to understand how to deal with patients who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with just about any occupation, you are going to be part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Pine Grove, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013