If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Pine Grove, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Pine Grove, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Pine Grove, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pine Grove, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the expertise to understand how to deal with patients who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with just about any occupation, you are going to be part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Pine Grove, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013