Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Port Carbon, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Port Carbon, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Port Carbon, PA will provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Port Carbon, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the skills to know how to handle patients who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As in nearly every vocation, you are a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Port Carbon, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013