If perhaps you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Rankin, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Rankin, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Rankin, PA must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rankin, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the expertise to understand how to handle people who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in almost any career, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of tasks will vary considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rankin, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013