If perhaps you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Rankin, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Rankin, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Rankin, PA must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rankin, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the expertise to understand how to handle people who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in almost any career, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of tasks will vary considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rankin, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013