Maybe you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Reynoldsville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, it is possible to change careers in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Reynoldsville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Reynoldsville, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Reynoldsville, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to know how to handle patients who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to soothe frightened patients.
As in almost any vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the nature of the tasks can vary considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Reynoldsville, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013