If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Riverview, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Riverview, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Riverview, MO will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Riverview, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you will need the ability to be able to handle individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to relax nervous patients.
As in just about any vocation, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of tasks differs significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the you select offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Riverview, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013