Maybe you’re thinking of changing professions, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Roaring Spring, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Roaring Spring, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Roaring Spring, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Roaring Spring, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the skills to know how to handle patients who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the nature of the tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Roaring Spring, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013