Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Rochester, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Rochester, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Rochester, PA must offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rochester, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with individuals who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being secure enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in just about any industry, you will be a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work varies considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rochester, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013