If perhaps you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Rockledge, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Rockledge, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Rockledge, PA should provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rockledge, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the ability to be able to manage individuals who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any industry, you will be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks ranges tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the school you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rockledge, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013