If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Sewickley, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you will be able to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Sewickley, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Sewickley, PA must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Sewickley, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to know how to manage individuals who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As in nearly every career, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks will vary tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a major, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Sewickley, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013