Maybe you’re contemplating changing careers, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Shoemakersville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you will be able to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Shoemakersville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Shoemakersville, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Shoemakersville, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you should have the expertise to understand how to handle people who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As with virtually any industry, you are part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the variety of work ranges considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Shoemakersville, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013