If you’re thinking of changing careers, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Slatington, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Slatington, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Slatington, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Slatington, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the skills to understand how to deal with people who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in just about any vocation, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the variety of tasks will vary greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Slatington, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013