Maybe you’re considering changing careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Slippery Rock, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Slippery Rock, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Slippery Rock, PA must offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Slippery Rock, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the ability to know how to deal with patients who are afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm nervous patients.
As in virtually any vocation, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the work differs tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Slippery Rock, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013