If perhaps you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Spring City, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, it is possible to change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Spring City, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Spring City, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Spring City, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the ability to understand how to handle individuals who are terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost every vocation, you will be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the nature of the tasks will vary tremendously from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Spring City, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013