If perhaps you’re thinking of changing professions, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Springdale, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Springdale, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Springdale, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, having real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Springdale, PA
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the expertise to be able to manage individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax nervous patients.
As in virtually any occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the variety of work may differ considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Springdale, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013