If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Springfield, OR?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Springfield, OR will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Veterinary Assistant
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any profession, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box near the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Springfield, OR displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR reviewed by Khloe FERGUSON on May 5.
Thank You for sharing such a useful website. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013