If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Springfield, OR?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Springfield, OR will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- We're now Non-Profit.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any profession, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box near the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Springfield, OR displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR reviewed by Khloe FERGUSON on May 5.
Thank You for sharing such a useful website. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013