If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Springfield, OR?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Springfield, OR will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Our goal is to provide a quality education and assure that every student graduates with a strong academic and practical foundation directly reflecting ABC's mission to help animals. To accomplish this, we've spent years developing and perfecting an affordable and unique hybrid vocational training program which includes both on-site and online training. Our programs include veterinary assistant, dog trainer, cat trainer, and pet groomer.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any profession, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box near the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Springfield, OR displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Springfield, OR reviewed by Khloe FERGUSON on May 5.
Thank You for sharing such a useful website. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013