Maybe you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Summit Hill, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Summit Hill, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Summit Hill, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Summit Hill, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the expertise to be able to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As in nearly every job, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of tasks can vary significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Summit Hill, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013