Maybe you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Summit Hill, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Summit Hill, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Summit Hill, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Summit Hill, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the expertise to be able to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As in nearly every job, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of tasks can vary significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Summit Hill, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013